My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
When we're not out hunting down the goods, you can find us the 2nd weekend of every month at Scott Antique Market. We are located in the South building, section J9. Scott's Antique Market 3650 Jonesboro Rd. Atlanta, Georgia 30354 www.scottmatiquemarket.com

Friday, August 27, 2010

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

I was really lucky and found a whole bunch of these vintage clocks which I think are so cool!! I came home and wound them all up and I thought my husband was going to shoot me.. :) Not to mention my dog, she kept barking at them.




These beautiful dresser jars with sterling tops. The one one the left is a Waterford jar, it has a seahorse on the top, it's very pretty. The other is an older one, it's also very beautiful. I just love these jars, they look really pretty in a grouping sitting on top of a mirror, elegant looking!




Some shabby chic items...


Lots of french items, they do really well at the show. I do like the trays..





I love this vintage bubble gum machine and it has the original keys with it. I remember going to the grocery store with my mother as a kid, she would always give me five pennies for the bubble gum machine, and I would cramp all five in my mouth. Do they even have bubble gum machines now? I don't see them in the grocery stores, or it may be that I don't look for them like when I was a kid...




I think this locker is so cool! These are great for mud rooms to store shoes, baseball gloves, scarves and gloves. There are great for kids rooms, fun and useful piece.
What did you store in your locker? I ask my husband that question and he said, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that my mother made me every single day that he would try and trade at lunch time, and the sad thing is nobody else wanted his peanut butter and jelly sandwich either. But you know what, he still eats peanut and jelly sandwiches, but now he puts potato chips on top of the peanut butter. Don't ask! :)
I had a poster of Davie Jones (Partridge Family), I thought he was so good looking! haha


I love this white iron shelf, it has three glass shelf's. This could be use in a number of different places. It would be great in a bathroom, or a porch with plants, kitchen for display items. It's just a great piece.


Great old picture frame I turned into a chalk board.



I love this old garden statue, it's mine and I've had it for years. It's looks great with a fern sitting on top! It came from a garden out of England. It's about 3 and a half to 4 feet tall, very heavy... It's time to let her go!


These are really cool, I couldn't get a good picture of them, but there antique coin banks, ones from England and three are from Moscow.



This screen was black, didn't like it black, so I decided to paint it this creamy white. And that's when everything went wrong, I thought my husband was going to DIVORCE me.. But that will be for another time.... I'm still licking my wounds over that one.



These are a few of the items for the show..... More to come!

5 comments:

Beach House Living said...

Old clocks can be quite loud and all different ones with different tic tic going on I can totally picture the dog barking at them...oh and the unhappy husband too.

LuluD said...

Cheryl, Great finds! I bet your garden angel finds a great home at Scott's. I love your florentine trays. I left you a comment on my blog with directions. Hope to meet you at Scott's or one of the shops one day soon.

lisajayne365 said...

I love all of your clocks, I found you by way of Lulu D. There must be an innate cell in a man's brain that causes him to get mad at his wife whenever she paints something. These sorts of arguments are always happening at my house. They eventually get over it...
Best,
Lisa at Urbancottagedecor.blogspot.com

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

What a beautiful blog! I would LOVE
to visit Scotland Yard! Wish I could! Thank you for becoming a
member of Flora Doora and for grabbing my button! I am thrilled
to see it on your blog!

Jane
Flora Doora

Katie said...

Great pictures!